A variation on traditional tapioca pudding, this refreshing dessert is low in fat but creamy and satisfying all the same. Mango contains skin-friendly carotenoids and vitamin C to help skin stay looking young. It also has silica, a mineral that keeps skin elastic by helping to form collagen.
1 Tbs. lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon zest
¼ cup tapioca
2 cups water
1 cup evaporated milk
1. Place the mango puree in a nonreactive saucepan, such as copper or enamel-coated cast iron. Add the lemon juice and sugar and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until very thick, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the lemon zest, remove from heat, and set aside to cool. Reserve ½ cup of the mango mixture for the topping.
3. Place the tapioca and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook tapioca, stirring continuously, until it is thick and transparent, about 1–3 minutes.
4. Add the tapioca to the mango mixture. Fold in the evaporated milk.
5. Spoon the mango tapioca into martini glasses or parfait cups. Refrigerate overnight until set.
Top with the reserved mango mixture or slices of fresh mangoes.