Luckily, they’ve become a lot easier to find, but for the gluten-free veteran, it still never fails to excite.
And if you’re new to a gluten-free diet, you’re likely navigating your way through the discovery process and are lacking a strong list of snacks you can fall back on.
Well, we’re here for you. Periodically, we just can’t help but talking up our newest and favorite gluten-free snacks. And today is another one of those times. So without further ado, here are 5 gluten-free snacks that we’ve recently fallen in love with…
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins – This snack is a must have for people having trouble finding delicious GF bites. These nut thins are absolutely delicious, come in a wide variety of flavors, and are great snacks eaten alone or with dips. Each serving also comes with 3 grams of protein, making a great way to stave off those mid-day hunger pains.
- Larabars – Larabars aren’t just for marathons. Larabars are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and are most of all delicious. They come in many different forms, making it a great way to satisfy your craving for something sweet. One of their latest offerings is a Pumpkin Pie flavored Larabar, which is perfect for the autumn season.
- Justin’s Nut Butter Candy – We are all fans of Justin’s original nut butter, but even better is their newly released candy items like their Peanut Butter Cups. Available in dark chocolate and milk chocolate, Justin Peanut Butter Cups are sweet without being cloying, and are certified gluten-free. Best of both worlds!
- Del Real Frozen Gluten-Free Foods – Del Real Foods make all of their foods with a “real food” mindset, and part of that is having a wide range of gluten-free products. The nutritional facts of all their products are up on their website, and all of their gluten-free items are clearly labeled. Our favorite from them has to be their gluten-free tamales—spicy, salty, and super easy to prepare.
- Frontera Fiesta’s Lime + Sea Salt Tortilla Chips – Frontera founder and celebrity chef Rick Bayless has been releasing several new gluten-free items regularly, inspired by his own daughter who was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago. These Lime + Sea Salt tortilla chips are their latest offering, and are 100% addicting. Full of citrus tang and crunch, these chips are perfect alone or with one of Frontera’s gluten-free salsas.
And, of course, we cannot forget to mention fruits, vegetables, nuts and other healthy and delicious foods that are perfect gluten-free snacks. A good home-made trail mix for the gluten free includes raisins or craisins (dried cranberries) with nuts like cashews and dark chocolate chips thrown in for good measure.
The important thing to remember when preparing and succeeding at a gluten-free life is to prepare yourself as best you can. We all know to ask for gluten-free menus at restaurants, and to check the ingredients on the food we purchase for meals at home. But sometimes you need a quick bite on the go and that is when it can get a bit tricky.
We hope this list has given you some ideas on how to fight off those cravings with some delicious, gluten-free snacks.
By Zach Rachins at CeliAct.com